The Information We Collect
- In the course of using the Site, we ask you to provide us with certain information that could reasonably be used to contact you or identify you personally ("Personal Information"). Personal Information may include, but is not limited to, your name, phone number, email address and mailing address. Personal Information also includes your IP address or other unique identifier (“Device Identifier”) that is associated, on a persistent or on-going basis, with your computer, mobile phone or other device (any, a “Device”) you use to access the Services.
- When you use Site, we may automatically collect some non-personally identifiable information such as the type of computer operating system you are using (e.g., Microsoft Windows or Mac OS), the type of browser you are using (e.g., Internet Explorer, Firefox), the domain name of the Internet service provider you are using, your activity while using our Services (e.g., which of our pages you have viewed, the content viewed, and the advertisements you have been shown) (“Usage Information”). When you download a content player on one of our Services (a “Player”), we may record that a download took place. When you launch a Player, our servers may automatically record that information. When the Player checks for new updates, it may also automatically send the version number and operating system information to our servers. We collect this information for the purposes set forth below in How We Use the Information We Collect.
How We Use the Information We Collect
- Personal Information is used for the following purposes: (i) to provide and improve the Site, (ii) to administer your use of the Site, (iii) to enable you to enjoy and easily navigate the Site, (iv) prevent and investigate illegal or potentially prohibited activities, (v) to better understand your needs and interests, (vi) to fulfill requests you may make, and (vii) to provide you with further information and offers from us that we believe you may find useful or interesting, including newsletters and other information on the Site. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive such communications, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in any of the communications.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- Third Parties. We will not share or sell personally identifiable information, such as e-mail address, with third party organizations for their marketing or promotional uses without your express consent.
- Service Providers. We may employ companies and individuals to facilitate the Site, to provide the Site on our behalf, to perform services related to administration of the Site (including, without limitation, bill and credit card payment processing, maintenance, hosting and database management services, web analytics and administration) (each, a “Service Provider”). These Service Providers have access to your Personal Information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose; provided, that such Service Providers may use it for another purpose with the express written consent of Ellation.
- Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement. We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We will disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including but not limited to subpoenas), to protect our (or a Service Provider or third party’s) property and rights, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop any activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, illegal, unethical, inappropriate or legally actionable.
- Business Transfers. We may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of our assets, including your Personal Information, in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets or in the event of bankruptcy.
- You may ask for a copy of your personal information, to correct it, erase it or transfer to another organization. You also have the right to object to some of our processing of your personal information and, where we have asked for your consent to process your personal information, to withdraw your consent. Where we process your personal information where we a legitimate reason for doing so, as stated above, you also have the right to reject/object to such processing. If you would like to exercise these rights, you may contact us at:
835 Market Street, 7th Floor
San Francisco, CA 94103
- If you are a California resident and you have questions about our practices with respect to sharing information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes and your ability to exercise choice, please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org or to the following mailing address: Ellation, Inc., 835 Market St. 7th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94103.
- You must put the statement "Your California Privacy Rights" in the subject field of your e-mail or include it in your writing if you choose to write to us at the designated mailing address. You must include your name, street address, city, state, and zip code. We will respond to you at your mailing address or your e-mail address. We are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or do not have complete information.
- We have put in place commercially reasonable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures in an effort to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security, and correctly use the information we collect online. However, no data transmission over the Internet, wireless transmission, or electronic storage of information can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Please note that we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information we collect. You use our Services and provide us with your information at your own risk.
We do not knowingly collect personal data from minors under 16 years of age. If you are a parent or legal guardian and become aware that your child has provided personal data to us, without your consent, you can contact us at email@example.com and request that we delete any unauthorized information provided by your child.
- IF YOU ARE UNDER 16 YEARS OF AGE, THEN PLEASE DO NOT USE OR ACCESS THE SERVICES AT ANY TIME OR IN ANY MANNER.
835 Market Street, 7th Floor
San Francisco, CA 94104
Attention: Legal Department